HCR Law Events

11 April 2019

How can I protect my kids from my ex?

We are delighted to showcase our new, dedicated team, which acts to protect and promote the safety of vulnerable children and adults who find themselves at risk of significant harm.

Where a relationship has broken down amid domestic abuse or the abuse of a child, then Children Act proceedings will ask the court to decide with whom the child should live, where the child goes to school and how much time the child spends with a non-resident parent.

If concerns are raised with the local authority and it is considered that a child may be at risk of significant harm, then care proceedings may be brought by the local authority and parents will need to be represented by their own solicitor. In most cases, legal aid is available for these types of cases, and our Safe from Harm team can represent you throughout the whole of the case. We will see you through the whole process, beginning with an initial consultation in the office to appearing in court at the final hearing, so you will always be looked after by the same solicitor at what is a distressing time.

Leading the Safe from Harm team is our family law partner Mathew Waddington who has over 15 years’ experience dealing with these types of cases. He is supported further by a team of qualified lawyers and administrative staff, ensuring that you will be receiving the best advice at a time when you need it most.

Share this article on social media

About the Author
Mathew Waddington, Partner

view my profile email me

Want news direct to you?

sign up

Got a question?

Send us an email

Newsletter HCR featured image

Stay up to date

with our recent news