Whatever you decide to do with regard to your business, you should strongly consider planning ahead to look after the future for you and your family. This could include:
• Wills and/or trusts to enable:
- proper legacy planning for you and your loved ones – for example, unmarried partners cannot inherit from each other unless wills are put in place;
- establishing legal guardianship for your children;
- efficient tax management of your estate.
• Powers of attorney, so your affairs can be looked after in the event that something happens which affects your long term health or your capacity to make your own decisions.