Thames Valley Commercial Litigation
With more than 40 qualified legal advisors, our team offers the strength and depth of experience necessary to deal with a variety of complex legal disputes locally, nationally and internationally.
The Commercial Litigation team draws together experts with backgrounds in leading City and national firms, providing astute and high quality advice and technical knowledge with exceptional attention to detail.
We understand that you need a team with a progressive approach to client service, which is always focused on finding commercial solutions. Our approach is as commercial as it is legal, looking to balance the potential for successful resolution against the costs and risks involved in pursuing or defending a claim. Where possible, we use alternative dispute resolution methods, including arbitration, mediation and expert determination. Our aim is to resolve the dispute as quickly and cost effectively as possible. We will assess the strengths and weaknesses of a case and prepare a strategy based on a realistic budget.
Areas of expertise include:
Board, Shareholder and Partnership disputes
Our specialist team of lawyers advise on a variety of disputes involving:
- breakdown of relationships between directors
- disagreements concerning the proposed direction of the company
- concerns about the conduct of a director
- expulsion from the partnership or LLP
- dissolution or winding-up of the business.
We appreciate that such disputes are often highly charged and disrupt the day to day business of a company, so we aim to identify the most appropriate and swiftest solution for the company.
We advise on:
- unfairly prejudicial conduct against a minority shareholder
- the removal of a director
- directors acting in breach of their duties
- the procedures for the transfer and valuation of shares
- derivative actions
We are specialists in protecting assets at risk of fraud, in the recovery of confidential data and in injunctive proceedings.
We advise on:
- victims of fraud and routes of recovery
- freezing injunctions
- search and seizure orders
- retention of confidential information
- intellectual property and databases
- pursuing and defending restrictive covenants
- spring board and door step injunctions.
Adam Finch is authorised to act as a supervising solicitor in supervising and overseeing the execution of a search order.
Lending and Financial Services Litigation
We advise on complex financial, banking and insurance disputes, particularly involving the FCA Rules, Financial Services and Markets Act and mis-selling claims for both firms and individuals. Our cases are nationally recognised and often valued in excess of £10m inclusive. We regularly act for and against banks, insurers and intermediaries, involving complex derivative, tax, investment and pension products.
Our expertise is attracting blue chip companies for advice and representation, including Allied Irish Bank plc, The Great British Card Company, Pertemps Group, The Restaurant Group plc, HSBC, and the Paragon Group.