Our Information Technology team provides pragmatic and detailed advice on all aspects of law surrounding information technology.
Working with ambitious organisations from start ups to multinational corporations, our team balances excellent technical legal expertise with a thorough knowledge of the information technology sector to offer clients solutions that are business-focused and tailor-made to suit each client’s specific needs.
Our team has extensive information technology expertise, with a number of team members having spent time in-house gaining invaluable experience. Our clients include IT buyers, IT suppliers, corporate users, internet businesses and web developers, giving our lawyers a wide perspective of the issues that often face those operating within information technology sector. Our lawyers understand that technology, and the law applicable to it, is constantly evolving, and they provide clients with a first class service to successfully navigate the challenges that this presents.
Our team advise on a wide and varied range of information technology agreements, including:
- Systems integration;
- Supply of systems;
- Managed services;
- Cloud-based solutions (SaaS, IaaS and PaaS);
- IT outsourcing;
- IT services;
- Software development, support and maintenance;
- Software licensing;
- VAR and reseller arrangements;
- Web design and development;
- Mobile application development; and
- Drafted and negotiated a platform as a service and mobile application agreement on behalf of one of the world’s largest music companies for a new music brand service for consumers.
- Assisted a national electricity distribution network operator with the contractual arrangements arising from one of the annual Ofgem low carbon network fund grants, including documents covering testing services, hardware and software provision, configuration services and data analysis services.
- Advised a software provider on a suite of software licences for its core products, which it provides to blue chip companies, government departments and a variety of OEMs across the globe, with particular focus in the USA and across Europe.