May 14 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 PM
GDPR one year on
The initial steps towards compliance and the ongoing embedding of the GDPR within ‘business as usual’ has been, and continues to be, a journey for businesses across all sectors in the UK.
One year on, with specialist guest speakers and HCR expert advisors, this event will explore the legal landscape now, how businesses have responded and what action you should take to be compliant.
• Legal Landscape: Where are we now and how will Brexit impact GDPR? A look at recommendations from the ICO, what’s changed in the last year, how it’s really played out and how Brexit fits within the mix – Rachael King, HCR
• Business case study: a look at the GDPR in relation to your people – Tracy Evans, Group HR and Quality Director, Pertemps
• Data breach:
- A practical guide to the action you must take in the event of a data breach; who to report to and what the likely action will be – Steve Murray, HCR
- A look at how insurance fits, and how to mitigate your overall risk – Eric Alter, Senior Vice President, Marsh Ltd
- Minimising the damage to your brand and reputation – James Ashe, Managing Partner, Alias
• Business case study: NetDocuments’ route to adopting GDPR – the challenges and opportunities, and a look at the parts of GDPR that are ostensibly difficult to satisfy in practice – Charles Drayson, HCR on behalf of client NetDocuments.
• Panel Q&A chaired by Robert Capper, HCR
• Sector-based round table discussion – discuss learning and best practice approaches to embedding the GDPR with sector peers.
Bookable one-to-one slots with our GDPR experts follow.
Tell us your story
We’re keen to hear about your data protection journey; the lessons you’ve learned and your top tips for other businesses in your sector. We’ll be sharing them at this event and on social media. Let us know what you think (you could win an Amazon Echo Dot kindly provided by our client NetDocuments).
In partnership with:
Date: May 14th 2019
Time: 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Hilton Puckrup Hall Hotel and Golf Club, Puckrup Lane
Tewkesbury,GL20 6ELUnited Kingdom
T: +44 1905 744 814
M: +44 7909 970 323
Senior Associate Solicitor
T: 01905 746 466
M: 07715 060 345
T: 01242 246 494
M: 07921 498 467
T: +44 1905 744 859
M: +44 7711 007 817
Got a question?
Send us an email
Stay up to date
with our recent news