February 4 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 AM
Virtual event: What’s the deal – how the UK-EU Trade Agreement affects country of origin rules
On Christmas Eve, the UK and the EU finally signed a trade agreement.
As a business owner, you may be breathing a sigh of relief, or you may be holding your breath – while the experts digest more than 1,200 pages of policy, to try to simplify the small print.
In this webinar, we’re going to tackle one of the big issues: country of origin rules.
The rules of origin are how customs agents determine where an export has come from. This, in turn, defines the tariffs it will be subject to – tariffs which have changed in this new deal. On the surface this appears a simple process, but supply chains are complex. It can be difficult for traders to prove origin, and even harder for authorities to assess compliance. Barriers like this can mean delays, incorrect tariffs, or outright refusals.
Faced with this uncertainty, you may be asking:
- What exactly are the new rules of origin in a post-EU Britain?
- Can my business still access preferential rates, if so then how?
- How are the rules determined for products with multiple parts?
- How are the rules determined for imported goods, which are then exported?
- What changes in 2022, after the 12-month easement phase?
We will be answering these questions, and many more (including time for audience Q&A), in our live webinar on Thursday 4th February at 10:00am.
This event is delivered in partnership with GFirst LEP, and will feature:
- Nicolas Groffman, Head of International – Harrison Clark Rickerbys
- Hannah Clements, International team – Harrison Clark Rickerbys
- Robert Capper, Partner, Head of Commercial, – Harrison Clark Rickerbys
- Matt Rigby, EU Transition Project Manager – GFirst LEP
By registering for this event, you consent to have your information shared with GFirst LEP, Swindon and Wiltshire LEP, and the West of England Combined Authority. Your information will only be used for the purposes of reporting, and will not be shared with any other parties.
If you’re a Gloucestershire business currently receiving support from The Growth Hub, this event will count towards your allocated support hours. For more information on this please contact [email protected].
We use Zoom to host our webinars. When you click ‘Book Now’ you will be taken to the Zoom registration page. This will enable you to save the URL for the webinar so you can view it on the day. If you haven’t previously registered with Zoom, please do so before the event.
We will mute and disable the video of all attendees, so will ask you to use the ‘Q&A’ function to ask questions.
Date: February 4th 2021
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Online, Zoom details will be emailed to you after booking.Get directions