February 24 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 AM
Virtual event: What’s the deal – How VAT is affected by the GB-EU Trade Agreement
On 1st January 2021, the VAT rules for trade with the EU changed.
We must now approach trade with the EU in the same way that we do with non-EU member states. Our ability to apply a common set of rules to VAT, and our access to things like distance selling thresholds and online VAT refunds, have now expired.
In this webinar, we’re going to tackle the main differences and points of consideration in this new VAT operating model, and answer questions including:
- Which exports to the EU are now zero-rated, and how does this affect me?
- If I want to export to 15 EU countries, do I need 15 VAT accounts?
- Where do I find the VAT rates for these countries?
- I cannot afford to set up VAT accounts in every EU country, what are my options?
- If I import from the EU and then export back to the EU, can I avoid paying tariffs and duties via custom warehouses? If so, how does this affect my VAT?
- What is the impact of these new VAT rules on the service sector?
- What is the impact of these new VAT rules on Northern Irish trade?
We will also be answering your questions, in a live audience Q&A, in this free live webinar on Wednesday 24th February at 9:30am.
This event is delivered in partnership with GFirst LEP, Swindon & Wiltshire LEP, and the West of England Combined Authority, and will feature a panel of:
- Robert Capper, Partner, Head of Commercial – Harrison Clark Rickerbys
- Sarah Woodall, Partner (Tax Barrister), Head of Tax, – Harrison Clark Rickerbys
- Richard Morgan, EU Transition Advisor – GFirst LEP
By registering for this event, you consent to have your information shared with GFirst LEP, Swindon and Wiltshire LEP, and the West of England Combined Authority. Your information will only be used for the purposes of reporting, and will not be shared with any other parties.
If you’re a Gloucestershire business currently receiving support from The Growth Hub, this event will count towards your allocated support hours. For more information on this please contact [email protected].
We use Zoom to host our webinars. When you click ‘Book Now’ you will be taken to the Zoom registration page. This will enable you to save the URL for the webinar so you can view it on the day. If you haven’t previously registered with Zoom, please do so before the event.
We will mute and disable the video of all attendees, so will ask you to use the ‘Q&A’ function to ask questions.
Date: February 24th 2021
Time: 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Online, Zoom details will be emailed to you after booking.Get directions