Disputes involving Children

Disputes concerning children are often highly emotional, and it may be that your only option after failing to reach an agreement with a former spouse or partner with regard to issues surrounding your children’s welfare is to make an application to the Court.

Our online forms are simple to complete. Return them and our experienced solicitors will prepare the legal documents for you within 4 days. These will be sent to you online or by post.

Remember, our solicitors are the same lawyers who, in their offices, deal with face-to-face disputes to do with children on a daily basis. They are highly experienced, and are independently rated as being amongst the best.

What type of agreements can I ask the Court to make?

Orders concerning a child/children’s’ welfare include the following:

  • a Residence Order – to determine where a child is to live
  • a Contact Order – to define who a child is to have contact with
  • a Prohibited Steps Order – to prohibit certain action being taken involving a child
  • a Specific Issue Order – to determine a disputed issue regarding a child, such as where a child is to attend school.

What information will I need to provide in the form?

You will need to provide information about your children’s welfare. This will include information about:

  • the ascertainable wishes and feelings of the child concerned
  • the child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
  • the likely effect on the child of any change in circumstances
  • the child’s age, sex, background and any other characteristics the Court thinks relevant
  • any harm the child has suffered or is at risk of suffering
  • how capable each of the child’s parents is of meeting the child’s needs

Do I need to complete the form in one go?

Should you wish to complete the form in stages, over a period of time, all the information that you complete will be saved for you, so that you can return to the form at any point.

What do I need to do when you return my legal forms to me completed?

We will provide you with a step by step guide for what you need to do next.

Will my information be kept confidential?

All of your information will be kept confidentially, in our highly secure files. Only your appointed divorce solicitor and his/her immediate support colleagues will have access to your files. We are bound by the codes of the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority, which ensures that we up hold the highest standards of client confidentiality and client care.

Is there anything else I need to know before I purchase the form?

No, you are now ready to go, but don’t forget, if at any point whilst you are completing the form you need to ask a question, our qualified Children Law solicitors will be on hand at the end of the telephone to advise.

If I don’t wish to go to Court with my dispute, do I have any alternative options?

Yes. If you do not wish to go to Court, you could consider whether resolving your dispute through face-to-face discussion could be an option for you. This process is called Mediation and more information about that can be found here.