Family business is at the heart of entrepreneurship, and we’re delighted to be supporting the Family Business of the Year award in Herefordshire and Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce Business Award, to be presented on July 4 in Worcester.
This year, the finalists come from both rural and urban businesses, offering professional services, fine dining, travel and leisure planning, equestrian equipment and winter maintenance services.
They have been through a tough application and judging process, which examines their growth and development, the balance they strike between family and work, the challenges they have faced and their plans for the future.
The award is open to businesses from any sector as long as they are family owned and run by two members of the family. Succession planning is an important factor, and judges also looked for a demonstration of how the family business’ nature and values have contributed to success across the business.
The finalists are:
• Shires Equestrian, based in Leominster, who supply a wide range of equestrian clothing and products
• Paul Rabbette, chartered surveyors, with offices in Pershore and Bristol
• arrangeMY, a travel, accommodation and conference venue finding service based in Worcester
• AA Salt Services Ltd, based at Himbleton, who keep people on the move with salt and gritting services
• Green Cow Kitchens, which offers a fine dining experience at Whitbourne, west of Worcester.
The winner will be announced at the Herefordshire and Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Dinner at the University of Worcester Arena on July 4 – we wish them all the very best of luck.