Direct Dial: +44 (0)118 945 0168
A partner in the specialist licensing and regulatory team, Peter has more than 20 years’ experience handling disputes arising out of workplace accidents, accidents involving members of the public and serious road traffic incidents.
He specialises in health and safety and environmental law and coroners’ inquests and was described as a “standout partner” in the 2016 Legal 500 directory. Peter also has considerable experience advising and assisting in areas of food safety and hygiene, trading standards, fire safety and health and social care.
His work has also included representing organisations and individuals facing investigation and prosecution by the police, the Crown Prosecution Service and regulators, including the Health and Safety Executive, local authorities, the Environment Agency and the Care Quality Commission in the following sectors:
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Road haulage and logistics
- Waste management
- Leisure and travel
- Healthcare and social care
- Pre-school nurseries, schools and universities
Peter can assist in the following:
- Immediate response and support following fatal and serious accidents
- Advice on prohibition and improvement notices and the HSE’s Fee of Intervention Scheme
- Support, advice and representation during investigations and prosecutions by the police and regulators
- Advising on and attending interviews under caution
- Support for employees asked to provide statements and assist with enquiries
- Advice on PR strategy, preparation of statements and media management.
He also represents individuals charged with serious motor offences including causing death by dangerous or careless driving.
See the services offered by our Thames Valley Solicitors