Based in our Cheltenham Office, you will be working in the Corporate Team supporting partners and fee-earners by carrying out legal work, under supervision. In addition you will be carrying out administrative work where required.
- Managing aspects of files managed by qualified Solicitors and undertaking routine legal tasks as directed and under supervision.
- Undertaking legal processes, under supervision, such as routine file management including file opening and billing
- Drafting legal documents using appropriate precedents and templates
- Undertaking legal research, using appropriate methods and sourcing and presenting the results in an accurate and timely manner
- Take an active role with the Paralegal and Trainee (PT) group and attend networking events or career fairs to provide appropriate support as required
- Take an active part in promoting the firm through Social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Provide legal support to designated fee earners and act as a legal resource for the wider team, providing help where required
- Ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in line with Data Protection regulations.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience within a Paralegal role in a Corporate department is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills and thorough attention to detail
- Client service focussed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and Corporate environment
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and to offer support to peers where required
- Legal qualification (preferably post LPC or working towards).
We offer excellent benefits which include 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), a contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, gym membership contribution, legal fees discount, cycle to work scheme and our discount portal as well as the chance to work in a supportive team which is able to offer genuine career progression.