This exciting role supports the HRD and wider People Team in a growing, energetic legal firm which will allow the successful candidate to develop their skills in a fast paced and agile environment.
- Assisting the HRD in coordinating the workflow of the team both in the delivery of key projects as well as ensuring the day to day transactional work is passed on the relevant team member.
- Coordinating People team activities including organising team meetings, and project oversight and providing other admin assistance to the HR Director and HR management team when required.
- Contributes to the delivery of any HR related projects, ensuring all documents are maintained and stakeholders are communicated to in an appropriate manner
- Provide additional data analytics and insights needed in support of HR projects
- Provide department level HR metrics and data insights to HR Business Partnering team ahead of monthly People meetings
- Working with the team support the continuous improvement of HR processes including HR document management
- Ensure there is a systematic approach to the management of the probation process informing the HR Business Partnering team/line managers in a timely manner
- Administer statutory family leave processes, producing relevant paperwork.
- Coordinate the firm’s annual appraisal programme, ensuring documents are returned in good time, liaising with the firm’s Learning & Development team as necessary
- Work closely with the Recruitment Co-ordinator to ensure all new employee on-boarding checks are completed in good time including processing references, DBS and SRA checks
- Support the production of consultancy paperwork and pre-screening in line with compliance requirements
- Working with the learning team to organise welcome pack and induction timetables for new employees, liaising with line manager on arrangements for new employees’ first day/week
- Understanding of a HR function and efficient HR processes
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise own work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective professional relationships
Skills and behaviours
- Well organised and can deliver projects to plan, cost and quality
- Prioritise and plan, taking account of changing business needs
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analytical, able to problem solve and use initiative to suggest process improvements
- Confident handling data in different systems, including excel
- Ability to build internal relationships and demonstrate a client-focused approach
- Reliable and consistently delivers on agreed objectives and commitments
- Works collaboratively and flexibly within a team
- Display high quality standards and commitment