This is a fantastic time to be joining Harrison Clark Rickerbys. Having grown exponentially over the last few years, we are now more than 500 strong with 9 offices across the UK.
Based in our Wye Valley office you will be working full time in the Commercial and Education Teams supporting qualified solicitors providing legal advice mainly to schools and other education institutions. This is a unique role that will allow you to engage in a wide variety of work including academy conversions; commercial contracts; significant change applications; parental complaints; drafting school policies and Ofsted challenges. In addition you will be carrying out administrative work and marketing work where required and supporting the wider Commercial and Education teams.
As a Commercial/Education Paralegal you will need to have
- Previous experience within a Paralegal role is desirable
- Ability to use own initiative to manage own caseload of files
- Confident, pro-active manner with excellent telephone skills
- Excellent organisational capability with excellent attention to detail
- Client service focussed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and to offer support to peers where required
- Legal qualification (post LPC)
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours : Monday to Friday 9-5 PM
- Location: Wye Valley with travel (at least one day a week in Cheltenham)
- Duration: Permanent
Role of a Commercial/Education Paralegal
- Managing aspects of files managed by qualified solicitors and undertaking routine legal tasks as directed and under supervision.
- Provide legal support to designated fee earners and act as a legal resource for the wider team, providing help where required
- Review and mark-up key transaction documents
- Undertaking legal research, using appropriate methods and sourcing, presenting the results in an accurate and timely manner
- Create a work in progress priority system to prioritise tasks and general caseload
- Regular liaison with clients in order to keep transactions on schedule
- Attend regular sector-wide training sessions to increase knowledge
- Ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in line with Data Protection regulations.
- Support wider marketing and business development opportunities.
Benefits of working with us as a Corporate Paralegal
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Support staff bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
- Happy People / Perks at Work benefits portal
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 1/3 gym membership contribution
- Life Assurance
- Flu vaccinations
If you are interested in the above role please click apply.