This is a fantastic time to be joining the People Team at Harrison Clark Rickerbys. Having grown exponentially over the last few years, we are now more than 560 strong with 9 offices across the UK.
The HR team have also grown and are currently embracing new approaches to how we support the business going forward. We are excited to be hiring some new roles into the People Team.
The HR Advisor role is a pivotal role in our HR structure. This role will provide a key advisory and support service for the management and employees with the firm. From a career perspective this role has a huge potential to develop into a more senior business partnering role as your experience grows.
- Provide proactive support to line managers on employee issues. Specifically, support and manage employee relations and absence management issues to their successful resolution.
- Provide guidance and direction to line managers around:
- grievance and
- performance management processes
- Manage the firms probation process with the support of the HR Coordinator
- Provide procedural advice to line managers using business insights
- Be supportive of employees through life events; including family leave, and flexible working applications
- Conduct exit interviews, providing feedback to line managers
- Build strong, and trusted relationships with line managers and employees.
- Provide support to the core HR operation in the provision of a seamless HR service including advice on changes to terms and conditions, pay review administration and recruitment planning.
- Support the HR Manager and Recruitment Assistant with the recruitment process, including reviewing applications and conducting telephone interviews
- Contribute to and support the delivery of the monthly HRMI reporting
- Use these analytics to gain an understanding of issues so as to form key decisions and to advise managers with people issues.
- Contribute to the delivery of the people plan, contributing to the development of the continuous improvement of the team and its workflows.
- Support the HR Manager to ensure that the Firm’s Employee Handbook and other employment related policies and procedures are updated and maintained.
- Assisting both HR Director and HR Manager with HR related projects as and when required
- Level 5 qualified or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience of working in a busy HR role supporting multiple activities and dealing with a wide variety of internal/external customers.
- Experience of the Performance Management Cycle including disciplinary, capability and grievance processes.
- Knowledge and experience of HR software including HR Databases, employee’s self-service portals, etc.
- Strong IT skills including use of spread sheets, word and powerpoint.
- Self-starter, well organised and able to prioritise effectively in order to maintain high service level standards and efficiency.
- Flexible, co-operative and supportive team player.
- Approachable and supportive manner, with strong customer service skills
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people and establish effective working relationships with staff and managers.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy even when under pressure.
- Good communication skills with fluency in English to produce high quality and accurate correspondence and documents.
- Can demonstrate an appreciation of confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Experience of HR systems (we use Cascade HR Self Service)
- Previous experience of working in a professional services environment, preferably with Legal Experience
Based at Worcester, covering the region of our 9 offices.
Driving licence, own car (claim mileage via expenses and travel policy)
£26,500 per annum depending upon experience
Company Pension Scheme
27 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
Employee Benefits discount portal
Cycle to Work scheme