Manage the core HR operation from reward and benefits to policy, process and systems with drive, decisiveness, and resilience. Represent the HR department with professionalism – facing the partnership with confidence and skill, and deputising for the HRD when necessary.
- Manage and continually improve HR processes to deliver operational excellence. This includes overseeing payroll, contract changes, benefits and other key HR operational processes.
- Oversee critical employee touchpoints such as the annual appraisal process, sickness absence, probation and onboarding processes to ensure that they are completed on time and in a systematically efficient way.
- Continuously improve the employee experience through simplification and a progressive use of technology but remaining connected to the needs of our people throughout.
- Oversee TUPE processes and other extraordinary business changes that have an implication on people processes.
- Update and review HR procedures and guidelines and enforce organisation values.
Systems & Data Analytics
- Drive our systems integration project to reduce hand-off points and inefficiencies in a commercially sensitive way.
- Utilising internal and external people data to gain insight and drive business decisions.
- Interpreting people data and analysing figures on staff turnover, cost per hire etc., Gender Pay reporting. Translate key data into an effective and commercially focused HR plans.
- Support the recruiter to improve the candidate experience with the deployment of an applicant tracking system.
Reward & Benefits
- Manage annual remuneration processes including the provision of salary benchmarks and administration of bonus schemes and annual pay review communication process.
- Provide recommendations for the firm’s employee benefits offering based on comprehensive market intelligence.
- Manage and oversee the administration of our benefits, including the annual renewal process.
- Develop the benefits hub to provide employees with relevant engaging information in relation to our offering.
- Manage relationships with key benefits suppliers/brokers.
- Manage a small administration team.
- Lead on special projects and support HRD on their implementation such our Wellbeing Project.
- Ensure legal compliance is met in all HR activities.
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and the development of the team
- Control the core HR budget and report on current and future costs and initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree is minimum; Master’s degree in business administration, human resources management, or even a law degree is desirable.
CIPD qualified with evidence of continuous professional development.
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate both operational and strategic skills. This hands-on role will require a detail conscious operator to glide between the detail and the strategic with ease.
- Able to establish credibility
- Demonstrates commercial acumen
- Comfortable in developing team members
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations.
- Familiarity of managing TUPE situations
- Evidence of having a passion for working with people and working beyond the confines of the job description.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proven organisation skills and ability to prioritise.
- Thrives on constant change.