This will be a truly exciting and varied opportunity for a learning professional to really make a difference in a growing and fast paced law Firm. The successful individual will liaise with colleagues at every level with regards to their professional and personal development and be responsible for the design and development of inventive and relevant learning development solutions. You will have the opportunity to work closely with stakeholders internal and external to develop a learning curriculum to meet our business needs now and in the future.
You should be able to create content and use technologies to enhance the learning experience. You will be excited about ‘digital learning’ and the opportunities it presents.
- Manage and oversee development of engaging and relevant learning content for all levels and roles in the firm
- Delivery of personal and management development learning.
- Curate content for technical and business skills working in partnership with external providers, selected for their ability to demonstrate commercial return on investment.
- Development of our on-line learning curriculum
- Support for the career development of emerging talent through the development of career pathways amongst other tools
- Development of our learning management system.
- Support the attraction and development of trainees including their professional development through the SRA and CILEX routes to qualification
- Maintaining relationships with external providers and internal training contributors
- Management and optimisation of the training budget.
- Keep abreast of latest learning and development products and approaches.
Skills and behaviours
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including formal and informal presentation.
- Ability to build internal client relationships and demonstrate a client-focused approach
- Reliably and consistently delivers on agreed objectives and commitments.
- Prioritises and plans, taking account of changing business needs and priorities.
- Works collaboratively and flexibly within a team, willingly supporting other team members.
- High quality standards and attention to detail.
- People management skills including motivating, coaching and managing performance.
- Experience of working in a Professional Service firm environment (Partnership), ideally a Law Firm.
- Proven track record in design, delivery and facilitation.
- ROI analysis and coaching skills both face-to-face and using technology (virtual)
- Track record in project management in a learning and development capacity.
- People management experience.