It is an exciting time for our Family Law team who have established a specialist sector named “Safe from Harm” which is designed to help victims of domestic abuse working with a variety of agencies including the Police, Women’s Aid, Children’s Services, the NHS and other specialist agencies within the sector.
We are looking for someone with experience of working with the Legal Aid Agency who has knowledge of the sector and is passionate to help us to further develop this service.
You may be a newly qualified Costs Lawyer, or you may have experience of working with the Legal Aid Agency. The role will include:
• Supervision and the preparation of files for despatch to the Legal Aid Agency and to monitor the return of these files.
• Preparation of bills in accordance with instructions from the relevant fee earner.
• Completion of the necessary endorsements with regard to Statutory Charge, and to submit such bills to Court for Assessment together with all relevant vouchers, fee notes etc. and to monitor the return of bills drawing up the bills and draft Legal Aid Assessment Certificates.
• Prepare Legal Aid Assessment Certificates and Reports to the Legal Services Commission and to supervise the completion of CLSAdmin 1 on receipt of the Costing Forms.
• To monitor the payment of bills by the Legal Services Commission.
• To attend detailed assessments where it is economically sensible, rather than an external Law Costs Draftsperson.
• To complete all payments on account where appropriate assist with the submission of hardship claims to the Legal Services Commission.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join our friendly team and work within a supportive and progressive environment.
Alongside a generous salary, we offer a competitive benefits package, including:
• 25 days annual leave
• Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Gym Membership contribution
• Discount Portal
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org