It has never been a more exciting time to join HCR. We are a full-service firm, highly recognised as a leader across several practices. Having grown exponentially over recent years, we are now almost 800 strong with 11 offices across the UK.
An opportunity has arisen for a Legal Secretary based in our Northampton office to offer support in the Real Estate Team. You will be working as part of a team supporting partners and fee-earners by carrying out legal work, and other duties under the supervision of the team. In addition you will be carrying out administrative work where required.
What we need you to do:
- Carry out the opening of a new matter process including client ID checks.
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and word processing.
- Assist with the monthly billing process.
- Take telephone calls and field enquiries as appropriate.
- Support the fee earners in preparing for meetings, ensuring travel, paperwork, attendee list, reports and files are organised.
- Preparation of court/Tribunal/Land registry applications and hearings (including electronic bundles) and also the instructions to counsel.
- Provide cover for inboxes and voicemails while members of the fee earning, and support team are on holiday or off sick.
- Take ownership of new client originator/referral data.
- Have the ability to support the Real Estate team whenever possible.
You will need:
- A solid grasp of Microsoft systems preferably experiences in Case Management systems.
- A keen eye for detail.
- The ability to manage tight deadlines, changing priorities and volume workloads is essential for this role.
- Well organised and able to multitask and take a pro-active approach to your work.
- Experience in handling strict deadlines.
- Experience in handling Land Registry enquiries and searches.
- Experience in handling and producing commercial property documents.
- To be a team player and willing to get stuck into new tasks.
- Experience in working in a professional environment is desirable.
Benefits of working with us:
- 27 days’ annual leave
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Support Staff Bonus Scheme
- Gym Membership Contribution of 1/3 of annual fees
- PES Online Benefits Portal with access to thousands of online discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme