This is a fantastic time to be joining Harrison Clark Rickerbys. Having grown exponentially over the last few years, we are now more than 500 strong with 9 offices across the UK.
Based in our London office you will be working in the Licensing & Regulatory Team supporting a partner providing legal advice to a wide range of clients from the UK Law Commission to global oil and mining companies, entrepreneurs, universities, tech businesses and individuals in the UK and abroad. This is a unique role for a candidate with a passion for working in this niche sector and who has a keen interest in cyber and emerging technology.
We are looking for confident, self-motivating candidates who will be working in the following areas:
Financial services regulation: experience of Financial Conduct Authority contentious compliance work to include dealing with supervision, investigations and enforcement. Experience/knowledge of non-contentious financial services regulation an advantage.
Financial hygiene: able to advise on proceeds of crime / anti-money laundering, bribery and corruption laws/regulations and to review / draft bespoke policies and procedures
Cyber and Data regulation: knowledge and experience of data protection and cybersecurity work ideally contentious and non-contentious to include dealing with the ICO
Tech Regulation: ideally some experience of contentious and non-contentious tech regulation (but not a pre-requisite as I can provide training)
Corporate Crime: knowledge and experience of corporate crime such as cartels, market abuse, facilitation of tax evasion, money laundering, bribery, modern slavery.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing practical legal advice on a range of regulatory issues across the cyber and emerging technology sector
- Develop and maintain knowledge on legal issues specifically affecting the sector, working collaboratively with colleagues across the team to share knowledge.
- Create a work in progress priority system to prioritise tasks and general caseload
- Regular liaison with clients in order to keep transactions on schedule
- Attend regular sector-wide training sessions to increase knowledge
- Ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in line with Data Protection regulations.
- Support wider marketing and business development opportunities.
You will need:
- At least up to 1 years PQE
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues and successfully manage client relationships
- Excellent drafting skills
- Demonstrate teamwork and relationship building skills
- Strong commercial acumen and a passion for the sector
- Ambitious and organised with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to use own initiative to manage own caseload of files
- Confident, pro-active manner with excellent telephone skills
- Client service focussed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours : Monday to Friday 9-5PM
- Location: London
- Duration: Permanent
Benefits of working with us:
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and 2 additional days for Christmas
- Happy People / Perks at Work benefits portal
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 1/3 gym membership contribution
- Life Assurance
- Flu vaccinations
If you are interested in the above role, please click apply