A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal based in our Thames Valley Office, working in the Employment Team supporting a senior lawyer with an interesting and varied caseload including employment tribunal litigation, advising commercial clients and working on the employment aspects of corporate transactions, under supervision. In addition you will be carrying out administrative work where required.
- Managing aspects of files managed by qualified Solicitors and undertaking routine legal tasks as directed and under supervision.
- Undertaking legal processes, under supervision, such as routine file management including file opening and billing
- Diary management for the senior lawyer you are supporting ensuring all deadlines are met in a timely manner
- Drafting legal documents using appropriate precedents and templates
- Undertaking legal research, using appropriate methods and sourcing, presenting the results in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide legal support to the designated senior lawyer and act as a legal resource providing help where required
- Take an active role with the Paralegal and Trainee (PT) group and attend networking events or careers fairs to provide appropriate support as required
- Take an active part in promoting the firm through Social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in line with GDPR.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience within a paralegal role is desirable
- Basic understanding of employment law
- Excellent organisational capability with excellent attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter who demonstrates a willingness to learn and the ability to manage a growing workload
- Client service focussed with the ability to handle demanding stakeholders
- Strong IT skills with accurate typing capability
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and Corporate environment
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and to offer support to peers where required
- Legal qualification preferably post LPC or working towards