This is a fantastic time to be joining Harrison Clark Rickerbys. Having grown exponentially over the last few years, we are now more than 500 strong with 9 offices across the UK.
Based in our Cheltenham or Birmingham office you will be working in the Dispute Resolution Team supporting the Head of Debt Recovery and wider team by providing legal advice to its Clients across a number of sectors. This is a unique role for a candidate with a passion for working in this sector.
We are looking for a confident, self-motivating candidate who has experience as a defended debt recovery litigation executive/paralegal. You will be required to assist fee earners with cases as well as taking ownership of your own case load from the point of instruction to conclusion. This includes taking instructions, opening new matters and corresponding with clients, debtors and the Courts to handle complex or defended cases throughout, including taking enforcement action.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking instructions and liaising with clients
- Responsibility for own case load of defended or complex debt recovery/litigation matters
- Supporting and supervising other fee earners on a variety of cases
- Managing financial outputs and billing responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining a knowledge on legal issues specifically affecting the sector, working collaboratively with colleagues across the team to share knowledge.
- Regular liaison with clients, debtors and 3rd parties in order to keep cases on schedule
- Ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in line with Data Protection regulations.
- Support wider marketing and business development opportunities.
You will need:
- Experience as a litigation executive or senior fee earning paralegal
- Experienced in litigation and in particular claims in the County Court
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues and successfully manage client relationships
- Demonstrate teamwork and relationship building skills
- Strong commercial acumen and a passion for the sector
- Ambitious and organised with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to use own initiative to manage own caseload of files
- Confident, pro-active manner
- Client service focussed
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours : Monday to Friday 9-5PM
- Location: Cheltenham / Birmingham
- Duration: Permanent
Benefits of working with us:
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and 2 additional days for Christmas
- Happy People / Perks at Work benefits portal
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 1/3 gym membership contribution
- Life Assurance
- Flu vaccinations