Salary circa £19,000 per annum
Medical Accident Group (part of the Harrison Clark Rickerbys family), are one of the leading firms in the country, undertaking specialist work for those who have suffered medical negligence or serious personal injury.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal based in our Worcester office. You will be working as part of a team supporting partners and fee-earners by carrying out legal work, under supervision. In addition you will be carrying out administrative work where required.
- Managing aspects of files managed by qualified Solicitors and undertaking routine legal tasks as directed and under supervision.
- Undertaking legal processes, under supervision, such as routine file management including file opening and billing
- Drafting legal documents using appropriate precedents and templates
- Undertaking legal research, using appropriate methods and sourcing, presenting the results in an accurate and timely manner
- Take an active role with the Paralegal and Trainee (PT) group and attend networking events or careers fairs to provide appropriate support as required
- Take an active part in promoting the firm through Social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Provide legal support to designated fee earners and act as a legal resource for the wider team, providing help where required
- Ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in line with GDPR.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience within a Paralegal role in a PI team is desirable
- Previous experience of fast track RTA/EL/PL claims and PI Portal is preferable.
- Excellent organisational capability with excellent attention to detail
- Client service focussed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and Commercial environment
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and to offer support to peers where required