This is a fantastic time to be joining Harrison Clark Rickerbys. Having grown exponentially over the last few years, we are now more than 500 strong with 9 offices across the UK.
With a presence across all of our locations, our Dispute Resolution Team is one of the largest in the firm. Our team handle a variety of disputes, from lower value claims up to international multi-million-pound disputes.
We now have a unique opportunity for a Professional Support Lawyer to join our team. This is a rare opportunity for either, an existing PSL or Associate level fee earner, looking to transition into a PSL role, to join a highly regarded team. We are flexible on location and hours so can be based out of any of our locations
What we need you to do:
- To apply the understanding of DR market practice in developing Precedents and Practice Notes and working practices.
- Liaise with the Risk Management Partner and COLP on working practices.
- Research points of law for fee earners and keeping them abreast of new points of law and current market developments.
- Liaise with fee earners and contribute as required to the production of articles, briefings, newsletters or other materials for circulation to clients or to be published in selected journals.
- Contribute to training sessions aimed at briefing fee earners on changes to law, practice and precedents.
- Liaise with the Central Marketing Team and DR Knowledge Management Team
- Play a part in the marketing of the DR department and producing material for, and perhaps presenting, seminars both internally and externally.
- Contribute to and manage the DR intranet and information provision services.
- Brainstorming ideas.
- At least 5 years PQE
- Has proven commercial experience able to create and deliver materials within a business context.
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- High levels of resilience with a passion to succeed and a can do attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel (when permitted) to other office locations
Benefits of working with us:
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Income Protection Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 27 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
- Happy People / Perks at Work benefits portal
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Life Assurance
- 1/3 gym membership contribution
- Flu vaccinations