Harrison Clark Rickerbys are a top 100 Law firm with offices across 8 locations in the UK. With almost 500 staff and a variety of Business and Private Client teams and sectors, we are looking to recruit a Regulatory Manager to support the business in meeting its obligations and embedding best practice across the firm.
Reporting to the Financial Systems & Regulatory Director, and managing the Regulatory Practice and Compliance Assistant, you will ideally be from a Legal background or have excellent working knowledge of the issues in legal practice including the SRA Principles and Code of Conduct handbook and the wider regulatory responsibilities of law firms.
We are looking for someone with great communication skills, a good eye for detail, sound experience of working with Microsoft packages, and someone with the ability to communicate at all levels
On a day to day basis, the role will comprise:
- Deputise for the Financial Systems & Regulatory Director as required on any Regulatory matters
- Act as Secretary for the Smart Practice Team
- Assist with Regulatory queries for:
- DPA 2018
- MLR 2017 (including PEP’s and Suspicious Activity Reports)
- SRA (including Solicitors Accounts Rules)
- Monitor updates from various Regulators to ensure compliance
- Maintain registers of concern for DPA 2018
- Maintain registers of concern for MLR 2017
- Manage Subject Access Requests (SAR) and associated matters
- Assist with PII claims and renewal
- Assist with claims calculations
- Assist with inductions and training as appropriate
- Develop and update procedures to ensure ongoing compliance with Regulatory requirements
- Assist with Lexcel to ensure policies and procedures are fit for purpose
- Assist with articles for Intranet and Forum
- Assist Compliance Manager as required
- Ensure MySRA is updated at headline level
- Line management and development of the Regulatory & Practice Compliance Assistant.
- Assist with internal Regulatory Training
You will need:
- Excellent working and demonstrable knowledge of legal regulatory matters and the ability to convey clear and concise information to various teams across the firm.
- To be commercially aware and take a proactive approach to your work
- High levels of attention to detail with the ability to produce documentation of a consistently high standard
- The ability to work as part of a consultative and collaborative environment.
- The ability to work autonomously with a high level of organisational and prioritisation skills.
- The ability to be flexible around location and working hours as required.
- To have a full driving licence and access to a car.