This is a fantastic time to be joining Harrison Clark Rickerbys. Having grown exponentially over the last few years, we are now more than 500 strong with 9 offices across the UK.
Based in our Wye Valley office you will be working in the Education Team supporting a partner providing legal advice mainly to schools and other education institutions. This is a unique role for a candidate with a passion for working in this niche sector and who has a keen interest in public policy.
We are looking for confident, self-motivating candidates who have education/charity law experience or who have a background in commercial law that will allow you to engage in a wide variety of work. This may cover academy conversions; commercial contracts; parental complaints; drafting school policies and dealing with Ofsted challenges. In addition you will be carrying out marketing work where required and supporting the wider Education team. The ideal candidate will have a commercial law background or charity/public sector experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Advise on a range of commercial law issues across the education sector
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and schools to provide pragmatic legal advice
- Develop and maintain knowledge on legal issues specifically affecting the Education sector, working collaboratively with colleagues across the team to share knowledge.
- Create a work in progress priority system to prioritise tasks and general caseload
- Regular liaison with clients in order to keep transactions on schedule
- Attend regular sector-wide training sessions to increase knowledge
- Ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in line with Data Protection regulations.
- Support wider marketing and business development opportunities.
You will need:
- At least up to 1 years PQE
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues and successfully manage client relationships
- Excellent drafting skills
- Demonstrate teamwork and relationship building skills
- Strong commercial acumen and a passion for the education sector
- Ambitious and organised with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to use own initiative to manage own caseload of files
- Confident, pro-active manner with excellent telephone skills
- Client service focussed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours : Monday to Friday 9-5PM
- Location: Wye Valley
- Duration: Permanent
Benefits of working with us:
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and 2 additional days for Christmas
- Happy People / Perks at Work benefits portal
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 1/3 gym membership contribution
- Life Assurance
- Flu vaccinations
If you are interested in the above role please click apply