HCR Law Events

A bit about me

I enjoy the people focused side of the employment and immigration area of law, as well as the variety; you get a good mix of contentious work, drafting and also day to day advice. I start by taking the time to understand the client’s business and how they operate to ensure that the advice is commercial and practical for the client’s business needs.

My clients cover a wide range of organisations and employers ranging from small companies and charities, to large PLCs. I offer a commercial, welcoming and knowledgeable approach, and help employers to manage their relationships with their employees to try and help them get the best from their workforce.

My legal specialisms include disciplinary and grievance advice, advice regarding contracts of employment and policies and procedures, restructuring and redundancies, TUPE, business immigration and a range of Employment Tribunal claims.

Inside of work I am passionate about providing a good service to my clients and getting good results. Outside of work I am passionate about music and rollerskating.

Want to know more?

Be careful what you put in emails, they could be disclosable if a matter reaches an employment tribunal

Take detailed notes of meetings; contemporaneous notes of discussions can be invaluable if a dispute arises at a later stage.

When it comes to business immigration, think about what you will need well in advance so as not to get caught out by application times.

What do I need to do to acquire talent from overseas?

Since the UK’s exit from the EU, in most cases employers will need to apply to become a licensed sponsor, following which the employer will be able to sponsor workers from overseas provided that specific criteria are met.

How do I deal with an employee that is on long term sick leave?

Much will depend on the circumstances, so let’s discuss the background and we can go from there.

My employee is threatening to take me to a tribunal, what do I do?

In the first instance, if the employee does intend to bring a tribunal claim, they will be required to contact ACAS to see if the parties can conciliate the claim and come to an amicable solution. The first step therefore is to have these discussions and see if we can resolve the matter before it gets to a tribunal and this is something that we can assist you with.

Teams I work with

Where I work

Read my
latest articles

Important changes to Home Office guidance for sponsors

On 9 November, the Home Office updated its sponsor guidance to include some important changes…

Read full article

More changes to the right to work checks – are your processes up to date?

Making sure your right work checks are in line with the current requirements of the…

Read full article

Home Office delays and recruiting from overseas

Over recent months we have seen a real increase in employers wanting to apply for…

Read full article

Further reforms of UK business immigration system proposed

Over the last year we have seen a huge amount of change in the UK…

Read full article

Sponsor licence application guide

Hiring the best talent in the market is crucial to the success of any business;…

Read full article

Post-Brexit sponsor system for migrant workers – the essentials

The government is pressing ahead with the UK’s points-based immigration system, which will come into…

Read full article

The new sponsor system for migrant workers – what you need to know

On 19 February 2020, the government set out the details of the UK’s points-based immigration…

Read full article

“Yes, Chef!”: Positive immigration news for restaurants

Immigration and hospitality The UK hospitality trade is booming and with programmes like ‘Master Chef’…

Read full article

Got a question?

Send us an email

Newsletter HCR featured image

Stay up to date

with our recent news