Family businesses play an important role in our communities and are often the foundation for economic growth. HCR have had the pleasure of helping a wide range of family firms over the years, and so we are delighted to be supporting the Family Business of the Year Award at the Herefordshire and Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce Business Awards 2021, taking place on 2 September at Worcester Arena.
This year’s finalists come from a range of sectors, offering services in video production, farm equipment, wine production, business management consultancy, wholesale nursery sales and web design.
The judging panel has been overwhelmed by the number of applications, all of which were of an extremely high standard. Entrants have been through a tough application and judging process, which examines their growth and development, the balance they strike between family and work, the challenges they have faced and their plans for the future.
The award is open to businesses of all sizes and from any sector, providing they are family-owned and run by two members of the family. Succession planning is an important factor, and judges also looked for a demonstration of how the family business’ nature and values have contributed to success across the business.
The 2021 Family Business of the Year finalists are:
- New Leaf Plants, a wholesale nursery based in Worcestershire.
- Shooting Reels, a content and video production company based in Hereford.
- Pyon Products, a farm equipment supplier in Hereford.
- Astley Vineyard, an organic vineyard located in Worcestershire.
- Design in the Shires, based in Malvern, who offer services in web and graphic design.
- ISO Quality Services, a business management consultancy in Worcester.
We wish them all the very best of luck.