The 2021 Amendment brought about two changes to the India Arbitration Act:
- It clarified that enforcement of an award can be unconditionally stayed if the court is satisfied that a prima facie case is made out that the award or the underlying arbitration agreement has been induced by fraud or corruption
- It removed the limits imposed by the 2019 Amendment Act on who can sit as an arbitrator in an Indian-seated arbitration.
In this webinar, you will hear legal insight on the cause, concerns, and effect of the 2021 amendment by HCR, IDEX Legal and India Law Alliance (ILA).
- Ajit Mishra – partner, HCR
- Anupam Dighe – partner, ILA
- Kiran Padalkar – partner, ILA
- Vikas Vij – managing director, IDEX Legal (moderator)