Get through UK border control faster

10th December 2015

Migrants aged 18 or over from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand or the USA may be allowed to apply for the Registered Traveller service to get through UK border control faster at main ports of entry, including Brussels, Lille and Paris Eurostar terminals.  This service allows members to enter the UK using the ePassport gates if they have a biometric passport.  Although members are still expected to show evidence of their leave in the UK or Biometric Residence Permit, they do not need to fill in a landing card and avoid repetitive credibility interviews with a UK Border Officer upon arrival.

In order to apply, migrants must have a valid UK visa (excluding Tier 5 concession (Creative and Sporting), EEA family permits or leave outside the rules) and have visited the UK four times in the last 52 weeks for business, education, tourism, entertainment/sports or medical treatment purposes.

Applications are made online at at a cost of £70 for the first year.  The renewal fee for a subsequent year is currently £50.  There is a £20 fee for updating their membership with new passport details.   Unsuccessful applicants receive a £50 refund.

Education Providers

If you have a number of Tier 4 (Student) visa holders that regularly travel home at holidays or their parents regularly travel to the UK to visit them, they could greatly benefit from this service.  You can contact the UKVI at [email protected] if you have any queries about this service.

Tier 2 Sponsors

If you have a number of Tier 2 employees who are required to travel frequently, this would equally be something worth looking into for them.  The email inbox referred to below is also available if you have any queries about this service.

Related Blogs

View All