HCR clients have been busy moving their businesses forward this year, despite the impact of Covid-19, resulting in the firm’s best results ever in the independently verified Experian rankings. In the ‘M&A Review for the UK’ published earlier this week HCR did more deals than all but one other legal firm in the whole of the UK. Other key achievements, in the number of deals completed for clients were:
- 1st in the South West, completing 22 deals so far in 2020, more than twice the number of deals as the firm placed second who completed 8
- 1st in the South East with 50% more deals completed than the next ranked firm
- Up from 3rd to 2nd place in the Midlands, and only 3 deals behind the firm placed first
- East of England – equal second place
- London where client demand has led to a significant number of recent appointments the firm rose to 6th place, up from 11th in 2019.
Tim Ward, head of corporate in the Cheltenham office said: “I am delighted that the significant quantity of our corporate work for clients has been independently verified and is now reflected in these rankings. Historically, we have tended not to shout about what we do, our focus is on doing a good job of delivering what our clients want, because their feedback is what really matters to us. However, the data does not lie and reflects everything I’ve seen since joining HCR in 2018 – more businesses by far in the South West, and many other regions, are choosing HCR for their corporate M&A work. The quality of the work we do is often commented on both by clients and solicitors that join us from larger firms. Deals like the one we advised on during May, for Direct Online Services, in the heart of the first lockdown, are typical of the team’s attitude here, we do whatever it takes to get the deal done for our clients.”