On 13 May, Cheltenham-based thought leaders took to the stage to deliver unique and insightful discussions on a wide range of subjects for the independently organised TEDxCheltenham, supported by HCR.
From technology to entertainment, design and sustainability, the event – hosted at Parabola Arts Centre – brought together local communities for a full day of networking and socialising.
TED Talks are renowned globally for bringing cutting edge ideas, innovation and new perspectives to audiences with world-class line ups.
In May, the line-up comprised:
- Eve Jardine Young, Principal of The Cheltenham Ladies’ College
- Dr Jane Monckton-Smith, Professor of Public Protection at the University of Gloucestershire
- Dr Simon Fryer, Senior Lecturer in Exercise Physiology at the University of Gloucestershire
- Ben Goodare, Head of Sustainability at Renishaw
- James Hygate, Founder and CEO of Green Fuels
- Guy Disney, MBE DL (Video Coming Soon)
Speaking on the success, Kristine Scott, head of HCR’s Cheltenham office, said: “TEDxCheltenham was spectacular and we were delighted to support an event which brought inspiring and innovative thinking to the town. To hear such unique perspectives from a brilliant catalogue of speakers was so exciting and I hope this will be the first of many such events.”
Melania Edwards, founder of TEDxCheltenham, said: “I’ve always been a big fan of TED talks. The insight, inspiration, and ideas you can learn from the wide array of talks is expansive. Cheltenham and its surrounding areas host a wealth of inspirational individuals and stories, and it’s been an honour to elevate incredible local voices.”