HCR Law Events

Planning and Highways

If you’re looking for legal advice to help you obtain planning permission, or to stop someone else’s application, we’re here to help. We have years of experience in representing all parties in the development process, and our team has been recognised by Legal 500 for its expertise.

Our Experience

We advise on every aspect of planning and highways law. This could be negotiating planning or highways works agreements, guidance over the threat of compulsory purchase, or helping you to tackle legal issues that may be preventing development, like public rights of way, village green or asset of community value applications or designations such as tree preservation orders or conservation areas. Where necessary, we’ll also challenge unlawful planning decisions in court or assist you defend against enforcement action.

We’ll work with you to get a full idea of your end goals from the start. That way, we’ll spot any issues that could affect future development of your land and deal with them quickly and efficiently.

Legal 500: ‘The team has been growing, reflecting the demand for their approach and widening client base. The team supports both private developers/individuals and local authorities so is uniquely placed to understand the nuances of any situation from both sides’

How can we help you?

Our Clients

Our clients include developers, landowners, local authorities, lenders, affordable housing providers and local residents’ groups.

The legal advice we give you is done so from a commercial perspective – we don’t just negotiate to obtain planning permission, we do it in a way to ensure the development is viable. If, for example, financing is needed, we’ll ensure the drafting of any legal agreements, such as Section 106 Agreements, meet the requirements of lenders, as well as those expected by both the Registered Providers of Affordable Housing and the eventual plot purchasers.

In planning, timing is crucial, so talk to us as early as possible, whether you’re working out the best time to submit an application or challenging an unlawful planning decision.

Got a question?

Send us an email

Newsletter HCR featured image

Stay up to date

with our recent news


Planning and Highways

Blocked in planning?

Contact us today x