HCR clients have been busy moving their businesses forward this year, despite the impact of Covid-19, resulting in the firm’s best results ever in the independently verified Experian rankings. In the ‘M&A Review for the UK’ published earlier this week HCR did more deals than all but one other legal firm in the whole of the UK. Other key achievements, in the number of deals completed for clients were:
- 1st in the South West with more than twice the number of deals as the firm placed second
- 1st in the South East with 50% more deals than the next ranked firm
- Up from 3rd to 2nd place in the Midlands, and only 3 deals behind the firm placed first
- East of England – equal second place
- London where client demand has led to a significant number of recent appointments the firm rose to 6th place, up from 11th in 2019.
Tim Ward, head of corporate in the South West said: “I am delighted that the significant quantity of our corporate work for clients has been independently verified and is now reflected in these rankings. Historically, we have tended not to shout about what we do, our focus is on doing a good job of delivering what our clients want, because their feedback is what really matters to us. However, the data does not lie and reflects everything I’ve seen since joining HCR in 2018 – more businesses by far in the South West, and many other regions, are choosing HCR for their corporate M&A work. The quality of the work we do is often commented on both by clients and solicitors that join us from larger firms.”
Rachel Turner, head of corporate in the South East, and Lawyer of the Year in the 2020 Thames Valley deal awards said: “We have been fortunate to have weathered the Covid storm so far and this ranking demonstrates the great working relationships here in the Thames Valley corporate finance community which keep us front and centre of the deals activity in the region.”