HCR Law Events

Wills, Trusts and Inheritance Disputes

When a loved one passes away without putting their affairs in order, or if the provisions put into their will are no longer applicable or in dispute, it can make a difficult time even harder. When businesses are involved matters can be even more complicated. We understand these emotionally charged disputes and advise with empathy and pragmatism, listening and working with you to find the right solution.

Watch our video

Experience across the board

We have a wealth of experience in representing executors, beneficiaries, dependants and those excluded from a will. In particular, we can help in areas such as:

  • Claims for financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
  • The validity of wills (including issues of undue influence, capacity, execution and rectification)
  • The removal of executors, personal representatives and trustees
  • Disputes with executors (for example, where an executor is refusing to administer the estate)
  • Applications to the Court of Protection
  • Breach of trusts
  • Professional negligence

We are also experienced in alternative dispute resolution and will try to help you achieve a negotiated settlement wherever possible to avoid court proceedings.

Beth King-Smith

Partner, Head of Disputed Wills, Trusts and Estates

Direct Dial: +44 1905 744 842
Mobile: +44 7384 119 523

How can we help you?

A considered approach

We make sure we understand the background of your dispute, including any relevant interfamily politics and relationships. We provide frank, realistic advice, taking steps to help you preserve relationships where possible.

Whatever the nature or value of the dispute, we approach each case with the same care and diligence, paying attention to the detail and negotiating appropriate settlements as quickly and cost-effectively as we can.

Got a question?

Send us an email

Newsletter HCR featured image

Stay up to date

with our recent news


Realistic advice on the best way to resolve your dispute.

Contact us today x