HCR Law Events

About me

Family law is an extremely rewarding area to practice in. As a family lawyer, I assist clients with difficult periods in their lives, often when the majority cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel. I help to guide them through one of the biggest events in their lives, see them come out the other side, and hopefully find themselves to be much happier individuals once their matter is resolved. I listen to my clients and really get to know them as individuals – how they work, communicate, and how they might react to certain issues that crop up along the way.

I advise across a range of matters including divorce and finances, child arrangements, pre- and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements.

Outside work, I have a dog that keeps me very active – and when I’m not with her, I love exploring new countries, Pilates and cooking new recipes.

Top Tips & FAQs

Discover my top tips

Seek legal advice as early as possible. The more involved we are, the better. It can often seem like a good idea to take things on ourselves, but in the long run things could get messy

Organisation is key. The more organised you are, the easier and more cost-effective the process will be

Put your trust in us – we’re here to help! We may ask some difficult questions, but being open and honest with us throughout will help us to resolve your matter promptly and fairly.

My frequently asked questions

How long will it take?

This depends on a number of factors: how complex your matter is, how proactive yourself and your opposition will be, if court involvement is needed - it could take longer to resolve your matter if things were to escalate. We will do our best to advise you of timescales at the outset.

My spouse owns the family home in their sole name, does that mean I’ll have to leave right away?

No. Although you may not own the legal title jointly you have a joint beneficial interest and therefore have as much right to live there as your spouse. The family home is likely to be divided within any financial agreements reached.
To protect your rights in the interim, we will need to register what is known as a Homes Rights Notice to stop your spouse from selling the family home without your permission.

Will my matter go to court?

Not necessarily. We’ll do our best to resolves matters through negotiated settlement outside court. Even where the court’s involvement may become inevitable, we will try our utmost to resolve matters amicably and out of court.

My Latest Articles

Please fill in the form below and I will be in touch

Got a question?

Send us an email

Newsletter HCR featured image

Stay up to date

with our recent news