HCR Law Events


From bars and restaurants to clubs and off licence/ retail premises, if you need a licence to operate your business, our team of specialists can help you get it. Our support goes far beyond the initial licensing application – we ensure you are legally compliant in your day-to-day operations, and when there is trouble on your doorstep, we will handle any investigations or prosecutions.

Watch my interview

Our Experience

We know the world of licensing inside out. Not only are we ranked tier 1 by the Legal 500, we are proud to say that our team, headed by Heath Thomas – an acknowledged leader in the field – includes former local authority solicitors and licensing officers with decades of experience.

We have represented clients from across the country in high-profile cases that could have resulted in serious business and personal implications for our clients and their staff and have ensured that businesses can still trade despite being at risk of having their licenses revoked.

Heath Thomas

Partner, Head of Insurance, Risk and Regulatory and Thames Valley Office

Direct Dial: +44 3301 075 810
Mobile: +44 7966 492 929

How can we help you?

Our Clients

We get to know our clients well and we understand the challenges they face. With this in mind, we find sensible commercial solutions to help you operate.

We assist clients across all areas with their licensing needs, working with restaurants, and sports organisations to licence their grounds and club houses. We also help hotels, theatres, outdoor events, casinos and taxis with licensing.

Got a question?

Send us an email

Newsletter HCR featured image

Stay up to date

with our recent news