Our experienced team of family solicitors appreciate the needs of children and the impact upon them of their parents’ separation or divorce. We pride ourselves on placing the children’s best interests first but also understand the desire of parents to see their children.
Our expert child law solicitors can assist with any number of issues listed below, usually arising under the Children Act 1989:-
- Child Arrangements Orders – deciding where and with whom a child will live and how much time they will spend with each parent. This was formerly referred to as custody, access, contact and residence.
- Specific Issue Orders – to be obtained when parents cannot reach an agreement on a particular issue such as where the child should be educated.
- Prohibited Steps Orders – to prevent someone from doing something, for example stopping someone removing a child from this jurisdiction.
- Parental Responsibility Orders – the court can grant certain individuals parental responsibility.
- Child abduction and permanent removal from the jurisdiction – when one party may wish to move abroad with the child(ren) but the other party does not agree.
- An application under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989 for additional child support.
- Grandparents rights – we also offer specialist legal advice to grandparents about their rights to spend time with their grandchildren.
The law now requires all parties to attend an initial mediation assessment meeting (MIAM) before making a non-urgent application to court and we have a team of trained mediators who can assist with this.
Our team of experts can guide you through all the paperwork relating to the above and represent you at court if necessary.
Harrison Clark Rickerbys also endorse Claire Field’s Parenting Apart Programme as a form of dispute resolution, which is specifically designed to support parents, and the emotional well-being of children, going through conflict, separation or divorce. For more information about the programme and Claire Field Consultancy, please visit http://www.clairefieldconsultancy.co.uk/
Please contact any one of our family law solicitors located at our offices in Worcester, Cheltenham, Birmingham, Hereford, Ross-on-Wye or Thames Valley (Reading) for further advice on the law relating to children. We also have a serviced office in London where one of our family lawyers can meet with you.