Banking and Finance
Harrison Clark Rickerbys’ Banking team has significant experience of acting for lenders and borrowers, both locally, nationally and internationally.
The banking team offers comprehensive legal assistance to our clients in the corporate and education sectors as well as advising a number of domestic and overseas banks, leasing companies and invoice discounters.
We are ranked as Tier 1 for Banking and Finance in the 2015 Chambers and Partners rankings- the guide to the worlds best lawyers.
“The team acts for both major and specialist lenders in matters including refinancing, development finance and acquisition finance”
Chambers and Partners rankings
The banking team is made up of specialists in banking law, real estate finance, insolvency and construction, and is supported by teams across many sector specialisms, such as healthcare, housing association, Islamic finance and the charity/third sector.
Tim Walker is highly experienced in advising lenders and corporate borrowers on domestic and cross-border banking transactions. Clients report he is “commercially aware” and appreciate his “upfront discussions, which make him able to direct on how to take things forward.”
Chambers and Partners rankings
Our professional approach is based firmly around:
- A partner-led service
- A single point of contact for all clients
- A fee estimate at the outset of each transaction with full scope of work and assumptions
- Early identification of problems with immediate client notification
- Provision of solutions backed by commercial recommendations
- Delivery of drawdown of funds on time and on budget
Tim Littler at Harrison Clark Rickerbys has expertise in real estate, acquisition and PFI/project finance, and the restructuring of distressed real estate facilities. Harry Bengough joined from Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co LLP in November 2014. Tim Walker is recommended for cross-border transactions, acting for international borrowers and lenders.
The Legal 500 United Kingdom rankings
We have considerable experience of acting on a wide range of issues, such as, re-financing, development finance, investment finance, mezzanine finance, social housing finance, healthcare finance and charity finance. We routinely advise on agreements for loans, guarantee facilities, invoice discounting, lease and hire purchase. We act for both borrowers and lenders, including overseas banks and their advisers.
Our work also includes facility letters, guarantees and bonds, debentures and specialist security documents, deeds of priority and inter-creditor agreements.
We also have extensive transactional experience in financing for assets, acquisitions, commercial property and projects of all sizes and complexity. The team often advises on projects in conjunction with many of Harrison Clark Rickerbys’ business teams including corporate, commercial and commercial property, providing a focused and united approach to projects across a variety of sectors including Education and Healthcare, often operating internationally.
Our UK Banking Clients:
- HSBC Bank plc
- The Lloyds Banking Group plc
- Clydesdale Bank plc
- The Co-operative Bank plc
- Unity Trust Bank plc
- Bank of Ireland
- Santander UK plc (Corporate and Commercial)
- Barclays Bank plc (Barclays Wealth)
Our experience of acting for both institutional and non-institutional lenders, the expertise of our team across contentious and non-contentious instructions and our focus on providing solutions backed by commercial recommendations makes us a full-service team for all banking matters.
We offer a range of services for lenders and borrowers. These include:
- Preparation and negotiation of facility documentation and transaction structure
- All aspects of property finance, including construction advice on development
- Preparation and perfection of security documents as required, including drafting of bespoke documentation
- Advice on personal guarantees, both at the time of taking out and on any attempted enforcement
- Review of and advice on banking documents, including corporate guarantee, performance bonds and security documents
- Dealing with removal of existing security.
Whatever your requirements, big or small, whether you are a lender or a borrower, we are here to make your life easier.