Energy and Renewables
Constant change and improvement are central to the development of the energy and renewables industry, as technologies are refined and expanded. The other constant is government’s desire to support or, increasingly, control development.
Renewables have dominated the sector in the last few years, but a pressing issue for energy suppliers and governments is security of supply – the effect of Russian-Ukrainian tensions on European gas supplies has highlighted that in recent years.
At the same time, more individuals and businesses are looking at ways in which they can reduce their energy demand while maintaining existing operating standards, and they require high quality legal advice from those who really understand the issues.
Our energy and renewables team is led by Harriet Murray Jones and advises individuals and businesses on a wide range of legal issues relating to energy including land assembly aspects to the regulatory environment. In addition to top quality legal advice, we have established close links with lenders and specialist advisors to ensure that you receive advice tailored to your particular needs from professionals who genuinely understand the sector.
We have acted on a vast and diverse range of projects from inception to sale and have worked across all technologies from solar pv (solar panels which use photovoltaic cells which generate electricity) to anaerobic digestion, on biomass and hydro and on both on- and off-shore wind. As well as a wealth of renewables projects, we have also acted in the more traditional areas of energy such as nuclear and site licencing.
- Property and land assembly, options, leases and grid connections
- Planning across the whole life cycle of the project
- Construction including EPC and O&M and decommissioning
- Corporate structure and financing, joint ventures and sales and acquisitions
- Contracts, supply chain, power purchase and grid connection
- Intellectual property, development and commercialisation of intellectual property in new technologies.